Our flagship programme presents the business problem solving techniques used by global management consulting firms to develop options and recommendations quickly. It combines a three-day classroom training course with individual and a group mentoring, and a viva assessment. It is available by open access, or in-house at your organisation to groups of 8-16 participants. Previous participants include hospital general managers, clinicians and aspirant senior civil servants.
The programme covers five key skill areas:
- Problem solving– Problem scoping and structuring using Problem Definition Sheets, Issue Trees, Prioritisation Matrices and Hypothesis Trees
- Analysis– Basic statistics, using quantitative and qualitative data, data analysis and modelling using Excel spreadsheets
- Stakeholder influencing – Stakeholder mapping, interview guides, Myers Briggs Type Indicator and the Influence Model
- Presentation– Developing compelling presentations (pyramid storylining and effective slide design) and conducting effective meetings
- Project management – Work planning and reporting including Key Performance Indicators
Each participant undertakes a project that addresses one or more organisational strategic priorities, ideally over a period of 3-4 months after the training. One-to-one and group mentoring supports the participant in applying the Delivering Fast Effective Projects approach through our ‘D5’ methodology during this time. The programme concludes with a viva where the participant delivers a short presentation about their project to a senior panel from their organisation, who assess impact and capability development.
While mentoring and vivas are strongly encouraged, Delivering Fast Effective Projects is also available as a standalone training event.