Alasdair McNab has experience across strategy development, performance improvement and capability building, supporting senior leaders and frontline staff across both the public and private sectors.
At 2020 Delivery his experience has included:
- working with a large national community pharmacy chain to design their new 3-5 year strategy
- leading a review into the opportunities for maximising the reporting productivity of an acute Trust’s radiology department
- working with a multi-academy trust of schools to develop its first comprehensive strategy
- developing a financial forecasting model for a large Sustainability and Transformation Partnership
- establishing several locally-owned, clinician-led improvement programmes across a range of acute NHS Trusts, both in Cancer treatment and in Urgent & Emergency Care pathways
Alasdair has previous commercial experience in business technology consulting for GlaxoSmithKline. This work involved planning technical project cutover phases, managing stakeholders in complying with legal works council requirements, working with outsourced developers, and supporting the implementation of new software solutions for overseas territories.
Alasdair holds a first-class Master’s degree in Natural Sciences (specialising in Physics) from the University of Cambridge, where he completed a research project on forecasting the conditions experienced by geostationary satellites.